Went to see my mom this evening. Figured I would stop by and check on her medication before I go away for the weekend. She did much better this week than last week - I actually had to refill it! It's good days like today, though, that are going to make it hard for me to move her. She talked about how much she likes it where she is, she has so many friends - and can even remember the names of some of them - and she just loves her little apartment. I know I need to move her - but on days like today - I just want to let her be.
She invited me to sit down and rock for a bit - so I sat down in her favorite rocking chair and she told me that my Aunt Kay gave her the rocker when John was born - and she told me to make sure he gets it some day - I looked at her and told her that it might not make it over to his house - I have many fond memories of her rocking me in the chair as a child - it's really the only piece of furniture I want when she is gone - he'll have to fight me for it.
So we were just chatting and I mentioned that we had choir practice starting again next week - and she said that it must be hard to start again - remembering what I had told her about Ron and Kelly. It just seem so odd to me - the things she remembers, she told me five times that she went to the store today, four times that she was going to do laundry tomorrow and had to ask me twice where I was going for the weekend - but she remembered something I told her the last time I saw her - maybe because it was so heart wrenching - and I was crying at the time. I don't know - I just don't know.
1 comment:
He'll have to fight me and you for it.
Post a Comment