Monday, August 10, 2009
You Want To Use This?
So check it out... kids today... I went to Chronic Taco at lunch today - mmmm - yummy! And the bill was $8.69 - so I gave the kid $10.70. I gave him the change first and started to hand him the 10 dollar bill and he just looked at me all confused and said 'this is 70 cents.' So then I was confused and asked how much the total was - maybe I didn't hear it correctly - I did - $8.69. At this point, I wasn't really sure how to respond - so I handed him the 10 and he still looked at me confused and said ' you want to use this?' - referring to the change - and all I could think to say was - just type it into the computer and it will help you make change - which I didn't, of course - all I could say in my 'are you kidding' stupor was - Yes. So he typed it in and lo and behold it must have told him I needed $2.01 back - at least he was able to comprehend and count that out for me... I just had to laugh as I left the place. God Bless Him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are a far better person than I (but I say that all the time); I would have said -- out loud -- what you were thinking if he was silly enough to ask me if I wanted to used the change. He asked didn't he?
Post a Comment