Today I said goodbye to my daddy and the dog and even Sheila and to Idaho - we picked Sheila up from the airport yesterday and they will probably drive back to California some time next week - but for now - I'm on my way home...Since I blogged from the Portland airport - thought I would take a few moments and do the same from Seattle - on my way home. Although the day started out a bit rough - I am half way there... We, of course, had to get about 8-10 inches of new snow last night - and it was slow and messy driving off the mountain this morning - took about 2 1/2 hours... but we left early so we got to the airport in plenty of time - got a call from my dad while we were in the air from Boise to Seattle that they made it home ok - which is good - the weather was terrible!
On the way down though we did get to see a couple of bald eagles in the trees - we saw them yesterday also - along with a coyote hanging out in an empty field. The coolest thing though is this plot of land near my dads place that has cattle grazing - and among the cattle is one solitary sheep - that hangs out with them when grouped together and follows them when they are walking around - it is just the coolest thing!
A couple of airport stories... when I was going through security and the security woman took my license and boarding pass - she commented that the picture didn't look anything like me - so I had to give her my address to prove it was me... a friend has always told me to never get lost because they will show my DMV picture on the news and no one will ever recognize me! I guess it is true!
And they have the new fancy schmancy naked picture super turbo body scanners in Boise - but I didn't have to go through one - as I'm collecting my stuff from x-ray - I notice this woman behind me has a Quizno's uniform on - so I ask her if she has to do that every day and she says yes - but they don't make her take her shoes off - so apparently if you work in the airport - you don't have to take your shoes off going through security.
And one last story about a fellow passenger... I had my boarding pass scanned and was making my way to the airplane and there was a woman that had just stopped in front of me and then started walking really slowly - so I'm walking behind her and she mentions that she has lost a glove and slows up even more to let me pass her - well - I'm in no hurry to get to the plane - it isn't going to take off without me - but, apparently, I was walking too slow for her then and she hurried in front of me - then she stops again because we are in a turbo prop and she has to leave her carry-on bag at the door to go under the plane - really - so I have to maneuver around her again. It turns out that she is seated in front of me - and has layers and layers of clothing on... a turtleneck, two fleece jackets and a long down jacket... it wasn't THAT cold in Boise - maybe she is connecting to Alaska. She was a very nervous, fidgety flyer as well! I took care of any of that problem by enjoying a complimentary glass of wine! So when the flight lands and we get to the gate - she jumps up and rushes in front of all these people to get out - 'I have a connecting flight' - like no one else does! She rushes out of the airplane only to have to wait for her carry on which was under the plane! It was all terribly amusing! But now - I am almost home - and as much as I love my father and I really do like Idaho - I just can't wait to be home!
No comments:
Post a Comment