Saturday, June 30, 2007

By Myself But Not Alone

So as many of you know - I went looking for some places for my mom to live today - was supposed to have some support - didn't get it - what a surprise! But I have to tell you - prayer works - I spent all last night and this morning praying about it and I went to look by myself - but I certainly wasn't alone - the Lord walked right in there with me. I did cancel one of the appointments when I was left on my own - mainly for funding reasons - found out Friday night that I won't be getting any financial help - yes, I am speaking a bit in code - but those of you who know me should know what I'm talking about (I'm trying to be nice in a blog that I post on the internet). Anyway... the first place was in Fountain Valley - it was a large facility - clean, spacious - lots of activities - the residents seemed happy and they were actually affordable - I was very pleasantly surprised - will do a bit more number crunching - talk to the administrator to see if they can cut us a deal and of course will pray some more on it. Will also take a buddy with me to check the place out again as an extra set of eyes since I'm so close to the situation. I also went to see a board and care in a residential home in Orange - it was nice also - little more expensive - but don't think there is enough activity going on there for my mom. So after my two appointments - decided to treat myself to Chick-Fil-A and who do I see pull up at the same time for lunch - my buddy, Kris! So we had a wonderful lunch together - it was definitely a God thing! So please continue the prayers for my moms housing situation and if this is the right place for her - now I need to get her to buy into moving and sharing a bedroom. God Bless Her!

No comments: