First was in the car. Had a kid who was a nervous driver anyway - and we were going on the freeway. As we were heading toward the freeway I just offered up a quick prayer and was overcome with peace and calm - and thought - ok, it's going to be fine. And it was. She did a nice job - of course when her mom asked her if she wanted to drive home after the lesson, she quickly declined - I think she was spent.
Speaking of spent - I've been getting to know a little about that lately. I went to my mom's this afternoon and when I got there - it was quiet in the hall and she wasn't in her room. I suspect she was at worship in the activity room, so I unloaded her laundry and then decided to just sit in her rocking chair for a bit. The rocking chair that I remember so fondly sitting in her lap in when I was a kid - when I was afraid or I couldn't sleep, she would hold me, rock me and sing to me. God Bless Her - I miss her. So I'm sitting rocking myself in that same rocking chair and I close my eyes and just sense a feeling of peace - even the musack they play in the hallway was peaceful. I probably spent a good 20 minutes just rocking in her chair - trying to be in the moment and not think about the future... trying not to worry about anything and praying about everything (Phil 4:6 - paraphrase mine of NLT).
No comments:
Post a Comment