Monday night I got a call that my friend T had gone into the ER - so after work, I headed down to Mission Hospital so she wouldn't have to be by herself. After a couple of hours in the ER, they finally admitted her for gall bladder surgery the next day (she is fine and now home)... well, I didn't get out of there until after 1am and when I got home I couldn't get into my complex - the gate was broken in the closed position! Needless to say I was more than a bit unhappy. So I parked the car right outside the gate and decided to hop the fence - it wasn't too bad - but all I could think is - great - someone is going to see me doing this at 1:30am and call the cops - but then decided that might not be so bad - maybe THEY could the gate open - and they might be cute! So I get over the gate - but I still have to figure out what to do with the car...
I go up to my condo to pick up the key to the pedestrian entrance and call the emergency number for the association - the dispatcher said the problem had already been called in - I asked her about an ETA of when it would be fixed and she had no idea - again - not very happy! At that point, I decided to try looking for a parking spot outside the complex - there is a lot of street parking there by my complex - hopefully there will be something open... so I drive up the street - and then down the street - and dang it - there isn't anything open! Now I'm really getting frustrated - if I had been in my car - I would have just parked it in the Target lot and be done with it - but I had the company car - and I can't leave the mobile billboard laying around just anywhere! I considered going over to my friend T's condo and sleeping there - I'm sure she wouldn't mind since she was in the hospital and the cats would probably love it - but it was late - I was tired and I really wanted to sleep in my own bed with my Sadie Kitty! So I decided to see if there is any other street parking around - and realize there is one more area I can check (it was about 1/4 mile away - but at that point I would have taken anything) - and by the Grace of God - there was one spot left! I kept looking around to make sure there wasn't a fire hydrant or sign restricting parking since the spot was open - but there was nothing - it was a bit tight - but I got Clara in there - I was so proud of myself - I'd never tried to parallel park her before.
Needless to say - although I had originally intended to go jogging the next morning - I decided to sleep in instead!
And Lynne... I hope to be a little more regular with my posting - have a couple of 10K stories to share also... stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment