Monday, May 19, 2008

It's 8:30am in England

So if you are anything like me - you'll take a look at end and see what time this was posted and think - what on earth was she doing up at 2:30am?! Simple - it's 8:30am in England - so I should be up and I caught a cold out there - and it has decided to rear its ugly head by making me congested and just a bit miserable at the moment. Not to mention the fact that I'm still processing the trip and getting excited about buying a new computer and my mind is just having a hard time shutting down at the moment... B - I know you understand! :) Good thing I have today off!

So we just got back from England and on the trip - there were a couple of people that were blogging daily about the experience and adding pictures to their entries and it got me thinking about how much fun it would be to share the England experience daily on my blog over the next couple of weeks - because you all know how consistent I am about posting! Maybe this will help. Hey - come on now - don't be doubting me - it's worth a try - I posted consistently back in October when I really put my mind to it and set a goal. So as my book on prayer says... make a goal that is achievable - so my goal is 3-4 entries a week - feel free to hold me accountable. The funny thing is - I take notes about stuff that I want to blog about and they are sitting all over my desk - waiting to get out - I'm rambling, huh? Ok - two stories and then I'll retire for the evening.

The first story is about my mum... go figure! I went by today (I guess really, it was yesterday) to see her and when I first got there, she was down the hall chatting with some of her friends and I could tell that she recognized me - but was processing who I was - but she figured it out and introduced me to her friends. She knew I was gone the last couple of weeks - but couldn't remember where I had been - but that's par for the course. Of course, her naber (mom's spelling - how phonics worked for her), Helen, had to tell me about how much I remind her of her own daughter because I am tall - because when her daughter was born - they told her, 'Mother she is going to be tall' - but not to worry because the boys are getting taller also. Usually Helen comes over and asks if I am Lucille's daughter - because I've only met her every time I've been there since February. God Bless Her! The funny thing - my mom tells me that Helen drives her crazy - but doesn't recognize that she tells all the same stories also. So I asked her if she saw John and she said no - however - I noticed a stuffed I Love Mom teddy bear in her room and asked where she got it and she told me she had gone to John's house. Prayer does work!

Finally, the cat. Thanks again, B, for taking good care of her and all her antics!
Apparently, on my last day out of town, the cat knocked the Tupperware container off the counter and somehow got it open - so there was food all over the floor - at least I know she didn't go hungry! And she was so cute when I got home on Saturday night - mewing - with the meow that I only hear after I've come home from a long trip. She has proceeded to follow me around the house since I got home - not letting me out of her sight (she is currently laying on the bed next to me -watching me post)! So, while we were in England - there were several places that I could have gotten some kind of cat toy for her - but I know her well enough to know that she likes the simple things. So I brought home an empty toilet paper roll for her and then when I was unpacking I had a paper bag I didn't need - so I crumpled it up and we played a bit of catch as I threw it to her and she would bat it back to me. She finally got a hold of it - and this photo shows her enjoying it while on her cat tree. For her - it truly is the simple things in life!

Last but not least - a shout out to Jan for showing me that the picture in my blog doesn't have to always go at the top - God Bless You! Although I'm still not sure exactly how you did it - I tried putting the pic in first but it still wasn't working - I'll have to experiment a little more - I did notice, however, that there is an Edit Html option - and I know just enough Html to make me dangerous - so I just altered the coding - and look - it worked. I just noticed that instead of complete sentences I have a tendency to use run on sentences with lots of hyphens - I get that from my Dad - God Bless Him, too!

Ok, it is getting late - it's 3:30am now - so I think I will have a bowl of cereal (that's what my mom always fed me as a kid when I couldn't sleep) and I'm either going to try to get some sleep - or if worse comes to worse - I have two weeks of Pioneer Woman's Blog that I can catch up on... Cheerio and stay tuned for more adventures...

2 comments:

Krisandr said...

Wow, your internal clock is as messed up as mine! Actaully, 2:30 here is 10:30 in England. Get some rest. :-)

Jan said...

Hey there, it is your stalker! Nice blog AND I got the shout out plus a God Bless you! I love it. I will be checking up on the postings to help hold you accountable, so keep on it! I will e-mail you separately with all of the details of life here back in the real world. Sorry to hear that the cold is dragging you down!