Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Was Over

So many stories I’ve promised - guess I’ll get my behind in gear and catch up a bit.  Let’s start with Thanksmas... Some friends had Thanksgiving dinner during the middle of November since they would be out of town for the holiday.  I promised pictures of their house - all decked out for Christmas - all the garland and all of the trees...  click here to enjoy the pictures.


Then on Thanksgiving itself - I  was at my dad’s in Big Bear.  My brother and his family came up for dinner and as my 5 year old nephew, Luke, explored the house - he found the place he wanted to sleep for the night.  On the bottom floor of my dad’s house, he has a cedar closet under the stairs - so Luke decided he wanted to be just like Harry Potter (he actually was wearing his Harry Potter costume on Thanksgiving) and sleep in the closet under the stairs.  He was devastated when they didn’t spend the night - yeah - like we would really let him sleep in a cedar closet!


Let me add a mom story for the road...

So back in the beginning of December, the place my lives in had a Holiday dinner for the residents and their families.  So my brother and I went - it was really nice - my mom was so happy to have us both there - introducing us to everyone.  Well at the end of dinner, we went back to her room and she looked at her Christmas Tree (which I had set up earlier in the week) and said that she could put it away since Christmas was over.  We tried to convince her that Christmas wasn’t for another couple of weeks - but the following week when I went by - sure enough - the tree was put back in the closet!  God Bless Her!


Finally - Happy New Year!  Blessings and love to you all!

1 comment:

Jan said...

All of those Christmas trees were in one house? Wow - that is a serious bit of set up and put-away time to invest! It is certainly very spirited. We are back from Paris and I have started to organize my 850 or so photos...blog entries coming soon! I hope that you had a good Christmas and New Year. We have more reasons to get together for dinner now that we have the France trip to talk about!