Happy 2009!
Although it is the beginning of the new year and I almost feel like I should be all profound and reflective about what the new year will bring and what resolutions I will be trying to accomplish - I’m not - if that’s what you are looking for - good luck with it! There have been too many fun and absurd random moments to not share those...
My mom and I used to have a tradition of going out on New Year’s Day to go shopping - well - knowing that New Year’s Day this year would be filled with lots of food and hopefully a nap - I did my shopping on New Year’s Eve after work - was looking for calendars - at 50% off - yippee! And wanted to check the last of the after Christmas sales. Found everything I was looking for and then some! My best buy was 2 skirts and a pair of pants for $35! Savings of $75! Yeah for me! So while I was looking for calendars I found this Calendar of Southern California Tides for my friend Steve. He’s a beach guy and I thought he might enjoy it - especially since it was on sale - I’ll get back to the calendar in a moment - please hold...
While you are holding, let me tell you about the rest of the day. Had dinner with my friend Terrie and then went to a New Year’s Eve Party - a party my friend’s have been holding since we graduated from college over 15 years ago. They are all married with children now and when I got to the party and saw some of the kids - I thought - when did they get to be so big?! So I had that old feeling again when we were watching Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve with Ryan Seacrest (is that like the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim?!) and the only person I recognized on the platform with Ryan Seacrest was Lionel Ritchie!
Thank you for holding... back to the calendar story - I had gone to the boys house for New Year’s morning breakfast - a bit of a tradition and they opened the calendars that I had gotten for them. As Steve was reading through his Tide Calendar, he noticed a disclaimer - Use this calendar at your own risk. We found that quite amusing - when was the last time you got a calendar that had a disclaimer on it?!
One last story of the absurd. At work, we have a company wide employee newsletter that they try to distribute once a quarter. They used to put the date on it - but we would get January’s in April! Now they just put the issue number and the year. Well, today, we got Issue 4, 2008. And my favorite article was ‘Surviving the Holidays: Tips for having a happier holiday.” Hmmm... little late! Happy New Year, everyone and hope you were able to have a happier holiday!
1 comment:
I like the calendar disclaimer...it's hopefully not the harbinger of a crazy year! Congrats on the good deals; I didn't think to go looking for work clothes bargains yesterday...rats!
Post a Comment