Sunday, January 4, 2009

Something To Be Said About Creatures Of Habit

Made it back to the gym today - after many weeks away.  And it felt great!  If I'm going to run a 5K in a month - guess I should get my act in gear and start working out again.  Thanks, Kris, for the workout schedule - I was looking at it last night and then, of course, couldn't find it today in the nightmare that has become my house - but knew that it was intervals of walking and running - which worked quite nicely.  It was nice not be focusing on miles - but more on time of walking vs running - ended up covering a little over 2 miles.

So as I was exercising today - I started thinking about new year's resolutions...  I don't usually make them - don't need one more thing to be stressing about - but was thinking about advent and Christmas and the holidays and how hectic it has been.  I'm actually looking forward to life calming down a bit and getting back to the usual routine - there is something to be said about creatures of habit.  So this year - I'm trying to get back to regular exercise and prayer routine - a couple of things that have taken a bit of a hit this season.  That and drinking more water!  Let the routine begin...

1 comment:

Jan said...

I'm with you on the creatures of habit and also for dialing up the prayer (and water). Funny how it takes another year clicking by to get us motivated!