Friday, January 16, 2009

They Were Like A New Toy On Christmas

I finally got my running shoes - they were like a new toy on Christmas - I was so excited - of course I was lazy yesterday and didn’t get out to try them - but this weekend - I will definitely be breaking them in!


After my less than stellar experience earlier in the week at the local running shop - I decided to visit the mothership - the original shop.  And I was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful service I received.  I walked in and after a moment - Marco said hello - walked over asked if I needed any help and I told him I was looking for running shoes.  He got a bunch of information from me - measured my foot and then brought a pair of shoes out for me to run in so he could determine what type of runner I am.  So we go outside and he has me run down the sidewalk of the strip mall - in my dress clothes, of course - and my pants rolled - I'm sure I was quite the sight!  I felt a bit silly - not so much about the people in the strip mall - he assured me that all the businesses are used to it - but more because Warner is a pretty busy street.  But it’s not like I will be seeing any of those people again!


So I found out that I’m a neutral runner - and the pair of shoes I liked the best were on sale - it was tough - though - the other pair of shoes I was considering had my favorite color in them - but thought - no don’t go for the cute ones - go for the ones that are more comfortable - they are cute too - since it's all about looking good!  I also bought a pair of running socks - so now I’m all set.  Marco also encouraged me to try a half marathon - yeah - not so sure - we’ll see how the 5K goes.  He gave me info about some other races and some magazines that listed all sorts of events.  I would definitely recommend that store!


So we’ll see how it all goes - Surf City 5K - here I come!

3 comments:

Network Widow said...

OMG BFF!

We had 2 talk a 13-year-old out of da "pink" shoes cuz she was not a neutral runner and needed support.

So, like, really? Fur sure? Like U had 2 think about da color/cute ones versus da comfort?

I think U might hv taken da "looking young" experience like waaaayyy 2 much 2 <3. Ya know?

Jan said...

Marco is right...you should totally consider doing a 1/2! Looking forward to doing the 5K with you

Krisandr said...

Hey, we have the same shoes...and I think they're cute! Looking forward to Surf City 5K with you and Jan.