Saturday, January 31, 2009

Her Boyfriend Is A Serial Killer

So I have to give a shout out to my friend, Lynne, for telling me about my new favorite drama, ‘Dexter’.  Unfortunately, it’s on Showtime - so I can watch past seasons - but then will have to wait for all the current episodes to come out on DVD.  Kind of like ‘The Tudors’ - the second season was finally released on DVD - will catch up with it after my new favorite show.  So back to Dexter.


It’s about a guy that is a blood spatter expert for the cops by day and a serial killer by night.  I watched the first episode and thought - hmmm...  not quite sure - almost didn't watch anymore.  During the second episode, I started getting into it a bit more and by the third one I was hooked.  Part of what I love about the show is his running commentary about life throughout the episode.  And there was a line in the first season that really made me laugh.  He was talking about his girlfriend and said “I shouldn’t be here.  Rita will be devastated when I’m arrested.  Her husband was a crackhead and her boyfriend is a serial killer.  It’s hard not to take that personally.”  All in his deadpan voice.


A couple of quotes from season two that I have found amusing...  “It’s one thing to f&%k with me another to f&%k with...  my ex girlfriend who hates me.”  And for all of you parents...  “It’s strange to have a creation out there... a deeply mutated version of yourself... running loose and screwing everything up...  I wonder if this is how parents feel?”  It's just fascinating!


And then there is Michael C. Hall.  You may remember him from ‘Six Feet Under’ - an HBO show about a family run funeral home.  He played the gay brother (or son - depending on your perspective) - a bit stiff (no pun intended) and frumpy.  Not in Dexter!  He looks like he has lost weight and buffed up - nice!  That and he wears a Tshirt under his shirt in the opening credits. Mmmmm!

1 comment:

Jan said...

I have been lured into the interest of Dexter as well, however I am not even keeping up with my proclaimed shows let alone a new one! Some day I will just sit at home and watch everything on DVD!!!