Thursday, April 9, 2009

Tales From The Home - Part 1

So on Sunday, I had the distinct pleasure of taking my mom out to get new shoes.  We went a couple of weeks ago and looked at a few place with no luck - my mom, God Bless Her, has these wide little feet - and in case you don’t know - it can be tough to find shoes for wide little feet!  When I got to her place - she wasn’t there - I put away her laundry and tidied up a bit and then out to look for her - I figured she was in the activity room for one of the three Sunday worship services that they have.  I was right - I went down there and saw her sitting on the side - she didn’t see me and I didn’t want to interrupt, so I just sat on a bench right outside the activity room until they finished.  It was pretty cool at the end when they all sang ‘The Old Rugged Cross’ - one that I’m sure most of the group knew without having to look at the words - it was neat to sit there and just listen to the group singing - a bit of a blessing for me.


When they were done - my mom and I went out on our quest to find shoes.  The first place we looked has some shoes that I thought would work - they had velcro like my mom has now - but my mom can’t figure out what to do with the tongue of the shoes - so after I helped her the first time to put the shoes on - she wasn’t able to get them on again without getting the tongue all smashed in the toe so they didn’t fit - she also seemed to struggle with the velcro - bummer!  So we went to another place that I knew had wide shoes and slip on shoes - of course they didn’t have them in her size - dang!  And I remember putting the smaller shoes back on the shelf and just thinking - Lord, I don’t know what to do.


Stay tuned...

No comments: