Saturday, April 11, 2009

Tales From The Home - Part Deux

So we tried one more place - they had slip on shoes in wide widths - with a blue strip - my mom’s favorite color - things were looking up!  Unfortunately, she couldn’t figure out the slip on shoes - she got the front part of her foot in them but couldn’t figure out that she needed to use her finger to slip them over her heel - can you imagine?  Crazy disease!  So I boxed them up and almost in tears gave them back to the sales associate - who then produced a different shoe to try - except these had zippers - and all I could think was - she’ll never figure out the zippers - but I gave them to her to try anyway - what did I have to lose?  And all praise be to God - she was able to figure them out!  I made her put them on and off several times by herself to make sure she could do it - and she seemed to do just fine!  I told the sales associate that she was an answer to prayer!


When we got back to the home (for lack of a better word - I think it sounds better than facility) - there was this old man in his wheelchair sitting in the middle of the parking lot - he always seems to do that - usually blocking parking spaces!  So I had to park in a different spot than I wanted to - but - oh well!  I went in and got my mom all settled with her new shoes.  She was all excited about them and wanted to see if anyone would notice that she got new shoes.  As I was leaving through the TV room - there were two of the old men sitting in there enjoying a little too much whatever Spring Break Bikini show was on Fox at the moment - ick - dirty old men!  But wait - it gets better!  I go out to my car and the little old man in the wheelchair has wheeled over to my car and is looking in the driver’s side of the car.  So I ask him if he sees anything he likes and he tells me he is reading about the car - he’s reading the security sticker in the window.  He starts to move out of the way as I open it up and start to get in - he then asks me if my husband has his own car - to which I reply that I don’t have a husband and am not married - to which he makes a ‘hmmm’ sound - and all I can think is - double ick - I need a shower!

1 comment:

Jan said...

The visual of the "Spring Break Bikini" viewing is a bit much! I am glad that the show thing worked out for your mom...God Bless YOU for taking such good care of her