Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Random Things I Have To Tell

Here I am out of town - away from all the stuff I should be doing at home - with time in my hotel room to blog and I'm just not in the mood - shouldn't have brought the DVD's of NCIS with me - but there are some random things that I have to tell - so I'll at least get those out...

Let's see - some trends that I have noticed in this and last week's hotels - the shower curtains - it must be the in thing to have a shower curtain that has more privacy in the bottom part and more see through at the top.  And I've noticed that both hotels had elevator permits that were out of date - what's up with that?!

And an amusing store that I drove by yesterday - Baby Trader - didn't know you could trade them in!  Went to Vons last night to pick up some stuff and this woman starts to talk to me about how her son found inspiration on the bottom of a Kleenex box for his graduation speech - she actually read some of the text to me from the box she was carrying around - it was actually pretty good - will have to check out the bottom next time I come across a box.  She told me not to tell anyone - so shhhh - mum's the word!   Speaking of odd things at Vons - I was in Vons a couple of weeks ago back in the OC and I came across these baby apples - along with baby bananas - I found them terribly amusing - so much so that I had to take pictures - check them out here.  So when I came across a potato of a baby size at Soup Plantation recently - had to take a picture of it also!

So one more rambling story before I go - aren't you all glad I finally decided to post :) !  Anywho... best part of the trip - seeing my friend Jan for dinner - who would have thought we would both be in San Diego last night!  We went to a little whole in the wall Mexican place that she is familiar with - YUMMY!  At the end of the evening I had to buy a bag of chips to go - and contemplated buying the big bag - good thing I didn't - I practically ate the entire small bag tonight - I don't even want to imagine the kind of damage I could have done with the big bag!  ok - think I've rambled enough for now - happy rest of the week to everyone!

No comments: