Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Mom Is Eligible

For today, just a bunch of random events I found amusing....

So a friend of mine is trying to teach her stepdaughters the value of sending Thank You notes. She and her husband supported me in the Memory Walk so I sent them Thank You notes. Since they have the girls on Wednesday night - I made sure to send the notes on Tuesday so they would get them in the mail on Wednesday when the girls were there. Of course I go to the mailbox yesterday to get my own mail and lo and behold - there isn't anything there - I usually at least get junk mail - but nothing - then I realize - Veteran's Day - it's a holiday - so they won't get the notes until Thursday - oops!

I had to make a doctor's appointment for my mom today - so I call the doctor's office and get the message that 'there are 2 calls ahead of you' - I listen to a bit of music and about a minute later I get the message that 'there are 3 calls ahead of you' - wait a minute - 3 calls! How do you cut in line on the phone?! Crazy! When I finally talk to someone, she asks what type of appointment it is - and I tell her that it is for a physical - she then tells me that she needs to check to see if my mom is eligible to have one - eligible? - didn't realize they would turn her down for it - especially since the doctor's nurse called me last week to set it up but I didn't have my calendar at the moment. As it turns out - my mom IS eligible (for more than just a physical - but that is a post for another day) - yippee for us!

Last but certainly not least - I called my dad today to find out if he had any resources for an artist to produce prints from their originals - he does own an art gallery after all. He told me that he didn't have any info for me but all I needed to do was open the yellow pages to look for it - yeah - the yellow pages - and all I could think was - yeah the yellow pages called Google, maybe! God Bless Him!

1 comment:

Sherry Goodloe said...

LOL = The Yellow Pages! *smiles*

Have a great weekend!