Saturday, November 14, 2009

You Look Great, Love Ya

I stopped by to see my mom the other day and when I first got there, she wasn't in her room. So I started going through her drawers to pick out clothes to wash and I find a little card that says "You look great, love ya" on it. I flip it over and it is a business card for some guy that lives in Bel Air. I then notice a little photograph of some guy that was obviously taken years ago - so I start thinking - how cute - my mom has a boyfriend (this would be number two for those of you keeping track at home). I then find another card that says "I love you" on it.

So as I'm gathering her laundry, this man walks into her room - and my first reaction is why are you walking into my mother's room without knocking. Then I realize that she is right behind him - well, that's ok then. He tells me that he is protecting her from all the big guys in the complex - how cute is that. He asks who I am and my mom introduces me as her daughter, which he didn't seem to believe at first - he kept commenting on how tall I was! He then introduced himself - his name is Vince (the name on the business cards) and he asked if I ever watched the TV show Kojak - which was one of my mom's favorites - apparently, he was Det. Rizzo on that show. After a moment or two - he excused himself and as he left, gave my mom a little peck on her cheek. After he leaves I tell her that Vince seems very nice and in all the coyness of a teenage girl she says "yeah and I kinda' like him." God Bless my mom! She's dating a TV star!

1 comment:

Sherry Goodloe said...

Wow, boyfriend #2. . .gotta love THAT! *smiles*