So a few things tonight...
One thing that I wanted to talk about - on Sunday, the choir stood up by the alter to sing the Navy Hymn during the offertory and I wasn't too sure about doing it - hadn't been feeling well on Thursday night and just wasn't convinced about it all - but what a moving experience to be able to look out and share it with the service people in the congregation - some of which were singing along. I spoke to one service person later in the day and he said it was a very moving experience for him also since he was in the Navy and it brought back so many memories. On this day that we observe the Veteran's - God Bless Them and those still serving.
One more Weight Watcher's story - when you go to the meetings - at least for the first 10 weeks, you get a little pamphlet about a different subject - sometimes it's motivational, sometimes it different tips or recipes or exercises. Well, I finally took a look at the one that I received on Saturday - and it was all about Celebrations! In big bold letters in the inside it says "These celebrations are important, because celebration helps with inspiration" - yeah, whatever! I will get my celebration - it won't be until December when I get back to my regular meeting - but I will get my celebration. Of course I have a bit of a celebration to recognize this evening - checked my account and they have finally charged my credit card and I'm good for another month. Yippee!
And finally - I don't usually do prayer requests on the blog - but I know I've done at least one or two previously - please pray for the music ministry at Shepherd - we are starting the process of interviewing candidates for the director position - and I know for at least me - I'm still struggling with the devestation of the summer. So if you would just keep the entire situation in your prayers, that would be lovely - because God it good - all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment