So about a week ago I picked up some mail from my mom and in the stack was an invitation to attend an orientation meeting for CalOptima - which is the public agency that governs Medi-Cal in Orange County. The invitation said the meeting was for tomorrow (Thursday) at 10am - so I called to make sure that I could attend for my mom and sign up. The woman told me that the meeting wasn't on Thursday, but on Tuesday at 1pm - I kept telling her that the info I had said Thursday - I explained I was coming in for my mom - the whole bit - she insisted that Tuesday was the last meeting I could attend for the year. Ok... so I show up yesterday - I check in on one floor - then send me to a second floor and then when the woman starts the presentation she wants to make sure there isn't anyone with medicare in the room - I'm the only one that raises a hand - so I get sent back downstairs again - and when I get downstairs - I see the board that says the medicare meeting is - believe it or not - Thursday at 10am - what a shock! At this point I figure I'm going to have to come back - but at least I haven't missed it. Oh no - my customer service experiences must be looking up - they showed me to a conference room and when they came back in - I asked if I was there on the wrong day - they told me not to worry about it - that they would take care of explaining everything to me so I wouldn't have to come back - I almost fell out of my chair from shock! They took an hour and a half to explain it all and answer my questions one on one! WOW! Prayer does work :) and God is definitely good - all the time!
So last night on my way home from work, I called my mom just to see how she was doing and she said she was making dinner - so to make conversation, I asked her what she was having and she told me - a bowl of cereal. So I asked her what else - and she said that was it. So I told her - as she used to tell me as a kid - that she couldn't just have a bowl of cereal - she had to have some protein also - so she needed to have a scoop of peanut butter or half a peanut butter sandwich - and all the while I thought - I HAVE become my mother! I wasn't completely convinced when I hung up the phone that she was going to actually have more than cereal - but when I got home there was a message from her - she said that she broke down and took a TV dinner out to have for dinner! God Bless Her!
No comments:
Post a Comment