On our way out to Palm Springs – I’m not sure why – but I found it fascinating that we were traveling along the Sonny Bono Memorial Highway – such excitement. When we got to the hotel, the room was nice - one of my favorite chains - Marriott (and I was even able to take advantage of a special rate being a Marriott Hotel Specialist - goodie for me - aren't I just so special) anyway - back to the room – it had this very friendly door. The door to the bathroom remained open and blocked the sink – so you had to close the door to be at the sink or contend with the door that wanted to be close to you and rest up against you – of course, it was the most action I’ve seen in a while! And then there was housekeeping! They came by on Saturday morning around 8am! We couldn’t believe it – we hadn’t put out the do not disturb sign – we didn’t realize that they would come by so early! And speaking of the do not disturb sign – here is a picture of it...

It certainly isn’t your mother’s do not disturb sign! It’s been updated with current lingo – just like the conversation hearts. The other thing I found cool in the room was the pad of paper from the hotel – this is what it said… 'Accomplished List. Much more gratifying than a to-do list, don't you think?' - I thought that was pretty cool! - Although I guess I already said that - think I'm losing my mind today. Anywho...
One of the best things, though was the guy we saw Saturday morning. There was an older man walking through the parking lot with his shorts, black socks and black shoes! Classic! As we were getting into the elevator – another guy walked in with the same thing – shorts with black shoes and socks! Then as we walked by the pool – the original guy was laying in a chair with his shoes off – kept his socks on though. Very amusing!
The softball tournament was good also – fun to watch all the ladies playing. And Saturday evening during one of the last games, Kris made this Awesome diving catch for the out! Unfortunately a couple of plays later she twisted her knee and was out for the rest of the tournament. We still enjoyed cheering the team on for the rest of the games. They ended up coming in second place – but that was ok – it was such a great weekend to get away and just enjoy the beautiful weather and wonderful friends!
One of the best things, though was the guy we saw Saturday morning. There was an older man walking through the parking lot with his shorts, black socks and black shoes! Classic! As we were getting into the elevator – another guy walked in with the same thing – shorts with black shoes and socks! Then as we walked by the pool – the original guy was laying in a chair with his shoes off – kept his socks on though. Very amusing!
The softball tournament was good also – fun to watch all the ladies playing. And Saturday evening during one of the last games, Kris made this Awesome diving catch for the out! Unfortunately a couple of plays later she twisted her knee and was out for the rest of the tournament. We still enjoyed cheering the team on for the rest of the games. They ended up coming in second place – but that was ok – it was such a great weekend to get away and just enjoy the beautiful weather and wonderful friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment