Friday, March 20, 2009
Their Eyes Just Lit Up
So I wrote earlier in the week a quick hit on dinner - what I didn't write about was one of the other blessings of the evening. We had dinner at Ruby's Diner - it was a fundraiser for our Family Ministries team at church - so needless to say - there were a lot of families there. We were there a bit late for the families - but we did get to see a few. Well, there were two of the girls from the Joyful Noise children's choir having dinner together with their moms and brothers. I went over to say hello to the girls and their eyes just lit up when they saw me - and the one girl - I had never heard her speak so much! She was just chatting it up with me - which is odd because I never hear her say a thing during choir (don't even really think she sings much) - but here she was talking away. And can I just tell you - as excited as they may have been to have me come over and talk to them - really, they were so much more a blessing to me - God Bless Them!! I have to tell you - as much as kids scare me - I love working with the choir - all of them are just wonderful. I love it as long as I don't have to be in charge - and the director, Kristi - does such an amazing job with them - it's fun to watch - I think we make a good team. April will be a bit tough for me - I have to do a lot of multimedia training during that month so I won't get to see the kids as much as I want - but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment