Wednesday, October 24, 2007

An Eerie Orange Color

What a difference a day makes - I've been documenting how the fire has progressed and how much of it I can see when driving over La Paz - tonight I couldn't even see the moutain through all the smoke. And the moon - as it was rising - an eerie orange color! And the smoke - you just can't escape it - it was very noticeable in the building at work today. And dang it - I wanted to work out tonight - even had my gym clothes on - but just wasn't feeling like I should with all the smoke in the air.
On a different note - I went into the bank to deposit some checks today - I like to go into the bank rather than use the ATM - although after today - I might start using the ATM. The teller was nice enough in the beginning - and then it must have popped up on her computer to offer me the credit card - so she did and I politely told her no - and she started to describe some of the features and I told her no again - and she continued and I said no a third time and started to walk away and she was still trying to sell me on it! I wanted to scream at her - What part of NO don't you understand! I understand they have goals on that stuff - our consultants at work have similar types of goals - but when I say no - I mean no. Anyway... enough for tonight - I'm tired and I'm going to bed.

No comments: