Sunday, October 21, 2007

New Best Friend

What a good weekend - a little busier than I sometimes like - but a good weekend anyway. Started on Friday night with a fabulous dinner and shopping adventure! Continued on Saturday with weigh in early - have lost 16 pounds overall! Breakfast was nice - went to visit my mom - and although she wasn't in a very good mood - got past that. Then I spent the day doing laundry, dishes and cleaning clutter - and I feel very good about it. A shout out to my Saturday evening group - what a great meal, wonderful lemon pie and good, honest conversation. What a blessing!
This morning started EARLY! 5am early! Went to the CHOC Walk around the Disney Resort (B - I hope you are feeling better). And had a nice time catching up with some college friends - one of which I hadn't seen in several years. It was a bit windy out though - nothing like all sorts of dust and debris in your face - and tonight my allergies are on the attack. Lunch afterwards was fun also - and one of the kids of my married with children friends took quite the liking to me. Which is rather funny since she has always been afraid of me - I even made her cry at her first birthday party just by looking at her - it became quite the joke! But today she was my new best friend and followed me around the restaurant, wanted to sit next to me and even gave me a big kiss before she had to leave. She was quite the sweetheart!
Was trying to get a nap in before our women's retreat reunion - but wasn't really able to. That was nice also to get together again - and I had the opportunity to wear my new skirt that I got on sale at Macy's a couple of weeks ago - and I looked cute - or at least that is what several others told me! Then last but not least - went over to watch the Red Sox game with my friend Ron - who happens to be from Boston - and they are now off to the World Series.
Last but not least - a prayer request - I was supposed to get together with both Ron and Dustin - but Dustin had to help his parents and his fiancee and her parents evacuate out of the Ramona area because of the fires - please keep them all in your prayers.
Enough for tonight - my goal this week is to blog every night - will try - but make no promises.

No comments: