Friday, July 6, 2007

And She Had To Bring It Up...

So I wake up this morning - not to the lovely sound of music or birds singing - but the cat hacking! Yes, little Miss Lady Licks A Lot hacked up a hairball for me - and she really has a knack for doing it in the most traveled areas of the house. For those of you that don't know - little Miss Sadie has a licking fetish - very obsessive about it - she's a bit of a freak - just like her mom (the freak part, not the licking part). Ended up going in late to work this morning - although I wasn't teaching today so there really wasn't a set time I needed to be there - I woke up later than I had planned - I spent some time on the computer - looked up the blog of the pioneer woman - Hilarious! And, of course, I go into the bedroom right before I leave and find Sadie all stretched out on her window seat - had to get a picture and share - it almost kept me home today - all I could think about was stretching out and napping on the couch. So I finally wandered out the door and thought that I would call my mom - haven't talked to her in a couple of days - will see how she is doing. She never sounds very good when she first picks up the phone - but I always start out upbeat - as we talked she sounded good - I was feeling good about the conversation and we were just about to hang up - and she had to bring it up... "You or John need to make me a dental appointment because my tooth is oozing" - maybe I should have left the phone unplugged! I just don't know what to do with her - God Bless Her! I think I will take her in one more time to get her teeth cleaned - she's due for that and then anytime she wants another appointment - I'll tell her to call John because I know she won't! God help us both!

No comments: