My blog was looking a bit boring - so thought I would share this picture of Sadie - I caught her reading my blog earlier this evening - I think I shared before that this has become one of her favorite places to be - usually she likes to stand in front of the monitor - so this is a bit unusual that she was laying down - and I keep my desk like my house - a mess! Even though in the Network class at church I was classified as a Structured People person - I like piles - not files for all of my stuff! And here comes the little one now - luckily she has found some paper to chew on in at the corner of my desk. Anywho... so this morning it was off to the dentist with my mom - this is the specialist that did her root canal a year ago - the one who I cried in front of when he told me the price - it was before we had insurance - it's expensive! When I went to pick her up this morning she was all unhappy that she had an upset stomach from all the stuff oozing out of her tooth. Or course the dentist couldn't find anything the matter with the tooth. He was very nice - he came out to the waiting room to talk to me and said that he had done everything he could think of and he just didn't think there was anything the matter. I think he was worried I'd be upset that he couldn't find anything - but I told him that I didn't think anything was the matter either that it was the dementia and that she just fixates on things. I even told him I gave her tic tacs and told her they were antibiotics that would make her feel better - they didn't - but he chuckled about that. He was very compassionate and I could tell in his eyes that he really did feel for me and what I must be going through. Of course - I'm still back where I was - I'm concerned that even if we pull the tooth - she may still have a problem. Not sure what I'm going to do - she seemed to be doing better when we left the dentist. On the way home she told me (several times) about getting a sunburn when she first moved down here because the sun is so much more intense in this area than in the Pasadena area! God Bless Her! We did have a nice laugh on the way home. I offered to go to the grocery store for her on my way home from work tonight since it's been so hot and I didn't want her to have to go out in the afternoon sun (of course last time I went to the store for her - she went anyway and ended up with twice as much stuff). While I was driving she started telling me her grocery list - I told her she needed to wait until I could write it down and looked at her and said "I AM your daughter after all" - it took a moment but the joke wasn't wasted on her - we both had quite the hearty laugh - these are the times I really want to remember.
Monday, July 2, 2007
I AM Your Daughter
My blog was looking a bit boring - so thought I would share this picture of Sadie - I caught her reading my blog earlier this evening - I think I shared before that this has become one of her favorite places to be - usually she likes to stand in front of the monitor - so this is a bit unusual that she was laying down - and I keep my desk like my house - a mess! Even though in the Network class at church I was classified as a Structured People person - I like piles - not files for all of my stuff! And here comes the little one now - luckily she has found some paper to chew on in at the corner of my desk. Anywho... so this morning it was off to the dentist with my mom - this is the specialist that did her root canal a year ago - the one who I cried in front of when he told me the price - it was before we had insurance - it's expensive! When I went to pick her up this morning she was all unhappy that she had an upset stomach from all the stuff oozing out of her tooth. Or course the dentist couldn't find anything the matter with the tooth. He was very nice - he came out to the waiting room to talk to me and said that he had done everything he could think of and he just didn't think there was anything the matter. I think he was worried I'd be upset that he couldn't find anything - but I told him that I didn't think anything was the matter either that it was the dementia and that she just fixates on things. I even told him I gave her tic tacs and told her they were antibiotics that would make her feel better - they didn't - but he chuckled about that. He was very compassionate and I could tell in his eyes that he really did feel for me and what I must be going through. Of course - I'm still back where I was - I'm concerned that even if we pull the tooth - she may still have a problem. Not sure what I'm going to do - she seemed to be doing better when we left the dentist. On the way home she told me (several times) about getting a sunburn when she first moved down here because the sun is so much more intense in this area than in the Pasadena area! God Bless Her! We did have a nice laugh on the way home. I offered to go to the grocery store for her on my way home from work tonight since it's been so hot and I didn't want her to have to go out in the afternoon sun (of course last time I went to the store for her - she went anyway and ended up with twice as much stuff). While I was driving she started telling me her grocery list - I told her she needed to wait until I could write it down and looked at her and said "I AM your daughter after all" - it took a moment but the joke wasn't wasted on her - we both had quite the hearty laugh - these are the times I really want to remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment