So in the morning - I always feed the cat at two different times. I know I blogged about it way back when - remember the bulimic cat? So this morning, I fed the little one and then went about getting ready for church. Before I left for church I went over to give her more food and she was waiting there to be fed - I looked at her dish and she still had a bunch of food in there - so I picked it up, mixed it around and put it back down. She walks over to it - sniffs it and then walks away. So I pick it up again and put some more food in - nothing different from what is already in it - she walks back over and starts to eat - crazy cat!
So when I got to church - I went to open the prayer room for Terrie and I wanted to check to see if the door would remain unlocked. So I let Terrie in and then closed the door - it wasn’t unlocked and I’m standing outside thinking - great - now I’ve locked myself out of the room - it wasn’t until after Terrie opened the door for me that I realized that I was holding the key in my hand! Duh!
We got to hear one of my favorite lines from Bridget Jones Diary today during children's moment - Kris told the kids that God loves them “just the way you are.” And even though the theme for today was about the Sneetches - there was a shout out to the Who's in the benediction - Jan - as always - I thank God for you and your whimsical gift!
Made it back to the gym tonight - and made up the 10 minutes of cardio that I owed the elliptical from Wednesday night - so I did 40 minutes instead of 30 - and as I have several times before on the weekends - had the treat of seeing Carnival Man. And to celebrate the almost 400 calories that I burned (at least according to the machine), I went to In N Out for dinner. After a stop to the newly dedicated Prayer Room - more on that - with pictures - later in the week - I know I keep promising that - but will get there eventually!
1 comment:
Hey, hey. I am digging what I see thus far on the prayer room! Glad that the benedictions continue to go well. I delivered the sermon today at both services - it was some difficult text but pretty topical around patience - I needed to hear that sermon as much as I needed to deliver it!! Hope that you are well, hey to the peeps for me!
Post a Comment