Wednesday, July 9, 2008

No Way To Hide My Indiscretion

So Terrie and I have been working on a mosaic for our prayer room at church - Terrie's design - I just help with the grunt work.  I always loved Arts and Crafts in school!  So we've been working on it all week and finished this evening - I meant to bring my camera and get a picture, but forgot - will do that tomorrow when I go by and confess my sins.  Here's what happened...

So we were working on the last quadrant after Bible study - well it was around 8pm and of course it's getting dark outside.  We have been doing this during lighter hours and didn't realize what a problem it would be to have the light closest to the mosaic out.  So we start and it's just hard to see - there are two other lights in the room - but it just isn't working out.  Well, we've had the lights on for a while and instead of trying to swap out one of the bulbs in the room - I go looking to see where I can pillage one.  So I go into the copy room and find a bulb that I can reach and unscrew it and as I'm walking back to the prayer room - I miss a step - fall against the wall and drop the bulb - breaking it with a nice loud pop.  Now I have another problem - I'm bare footed at the moment.  So Terrie brings me my flip flops - I clean it all up - and think - great - now there is no way to hide my indiscretion!

So we still haven't solved our problem.  We've had the lights out in the prayer room to cool off the bulbs - so we go ahead and switch the furthest away bulb with the one that isn't working by the mosaic - we get it screwed in and it doesn't work.  Crap - that means the socket is broken and there is no way that we are getting more light there - so I put the bulb back in the other socket and find out that the bulb doesn't work anymore - somehow between unscrewing it and screwing it back in - it burnt out - go figure - so now we only have one light in the room.  I'm all frustrated at this point and am concerned that the paste we put on the wall is going to harden before we get the tiles up - so we start tiling again - but it just is a bit too dark.

So I go back into the copy room to get 'borrow' another bulb - and this time it works - and it truly was a life saver - there is no way we could have finished it off without the light.  So now the copy room is out two lights - the prayer room is still out one light and I'm going to go into the office tomorrow and confess my sins - I'm just glad that now I'll be confessing them to Jill. Stay tuned for a picture later in the week of the completed mosaic - and some mom stories. And I have a few cat stories also - I'm just full it...  hee, hee, hee!  God Bless Me!

No comments: