Friday, July 18, 2008

Reminded Me Of My Own Home

Had my mom over to spend the night last night.  She had a doctor’s appointment this morning and it’s just easier to make the appointment in the morning and have her spend the night.  When I got there last night - she, of course, doesn't remember that I told her I would be there - even though she told me that she would write it down.  And when I got there last night - the place was a mess - reminded me of my own home!  And again with the bras - she was all concerned that she didn’t have any bras - if I could only get her to keep all her undergarments in one drawer - it might be so much easier.  But I try to organize and then the next week everything is in all three drawers and in the nightstand.  God Bless Her!


So I brought her back to my place and gave her a shower.  We watched some TV and then went to bed - such excitement!  The next morning, I wanted to make sure that she got something to eat since I know she always has breakfast - so I made her half a peanut butter sandwich.  Of course, after the doctor’s appointment she kept telling me that she was hungry - she couldn't remember that I had fed her - well, I didn’t have time to stop anywhere for a sit down meal - I had to go to work - so we stopped at Corner Bakery and I got her a muffin and coffee.  And when I drop her off she says she is going to go back to bed until lunch - without eating her muffin and coffee - WHAT?!   As it turns out - she did eat the muffin and coffee.


When we were at the doctor’s office - he was asking about the medication she was taking - which I used to carry with me all the time - but didn’t have it with me this time and was trying to reconstruct it.  I don’t remember so much anymore, now that I don’t have to administer the medication - praise God!  So as we are talking about the medication, my mom says that she is going to keep the medication they give her one day - so I ask her what she is going to do with it and she says she just wants to see what each of the pills are - so I tell her that I will explain them to her the next time she is over.  The funniest part though - was watching the doctor - he’s a specialist and has only seen her once before - so he isn’t completely familiar with some of the oddball things that happen with her - and when she was talking about taking the medication - he just looked over at me like he was going to follow my lead - can’t really explain it - but it endeared him to me - which is good because I wasn’t so impressed the first time I’d met him.


Now I’m just rambling - it’s actually been a tough day - I just miss my mom so much...

No comments: