On my way to work the other day – I noticed this woman waiting to cross the street and she is wearing this black bra under her tight white shirt and it just looked weird – at least to me – and I think – in what mirror did you look at yourself and think that looked good? I go through my work day and since I’m going to the movies I bring clothes to change into. When I start to change after work – I’m putting my white shirt on and realize that I have a black bra on! I’m now in jeopardy of becoming that woman! Luckily I have a grey long sleeved shirt that I brought – so it may have been a little warm – but just couldn’t do it with the white tshirt!
That was the same day that I went to photocopy something for class and someone had jammed the machine and then walked away! Do they not realize that when the machine is unjammed – whatever they were working on will come through?! So needing to use it – I unjam it and out comes this inspirational saying ‘There is very little difference between people, but that little difference can make a big difference. The little difference is attitude and the big difference is whether it is positive or negative.‘ And all I could think was – thanks for contributing to my negative attitude by leaving this mess and not fixing it - I considered taping it to the wall with a note that said – ‘Help me with my positive attitude next time by not leaving the copy machine jammed!’. I didn’t – I was trying to be gracious! But that’s like all those inspirational writers that publish books and don’t walk the talk.
The other day I was sitting at my computer at home and I can look out my window down to the walkway between a couple of the buildings and one of my neighbors was walking through talking on the phone – it actually looked like he was talking to himself since he had a blue tooth on – but the funniest part was his body language. He actually stopped twice to explain things with his body movements and his hands – it was hilarious! Not the guy I want to encounter on the highway even if he is using a hands free device!
And last, but certainly not least – was having a conversation with a friend at work (you know who you are) about hangers in the closet. She was telling me about how she has to color coordinate her hangers with her clothes – the blue shirt has to go on the blue hanger – the green shirt on the green hanger and so on and so forth (hmmm… sounds like someone else I know). There are even different colored hangers for work pants and casual pants. I on the other hand am the complete opposite. I won’t put a blue shirt on a blue hanger or a green shirt on a green hanger – I like my clothes and hangers to play. It’s all about the color and how festive it can be in my closet!
No comments:
Post a Comment