Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Picture You All Have Been Waiting For...

So here it is - the picture I know you were all waiting for...  me on my roller skates.  As it turns out - I didn’t end up skating in the parade - but did ride them from my car to my friends house (about quarter of a mile).  When the parade started - my friend Toni was all alone in the golf cart and I didn’t want her to have to ride by herself - yeah - that’s it!  It was a lot of fun - and a good thing that I was riding in the cart - the parade was about a mile or so and I never would have made it that long.  So it’s nice to not be sore today!  Click here for some other pictures of the party.


After that party - I drove back down to Mission Viejo for another block party.  Enjoyed my time here as well - and what a great seat for the fireworks!  Thanks B and B for opening up your backyard for what had to be the best seat in the neighborhood!


And what I thought would be an uneventful weekend ended up being a bit busy - a good busy, though.  I did have some time yesterday to pick up the house a little more and do laundry - and of course had some time to blog - but didn’t - and knew I had to post this evening after promising earlier in the week - there will be an England post tonight also.  So back to the weekend - had a great dinner with Terrie and Kris last night at the steak house in Trabuco Canyon - I had never been there and it was YUMMY!  We then headed down to Laguna Beach for the Sawdust Festival to get toe ring bling (and Lynne - we plan to go again when you can come with us - Diana - you too!) - so we all ended up getting bling!  I might have to get more bling when we go again!


Then today at church we started our Gospel according to Dr Suess series and had an awesome benediction - Dr. Suess style (great job, Jan - today’s brought tears to my eyes - can’t wait to here the rest).  After church - Terrie and I worked on the tile mosaic for the prayer room - and it looks pretty neat - we plan to finish up this week.  It’s very exciting to see the prayer room coming together - to have a place designated specifically for prayer on the church campus.  God is good!

No comments: