Tuesday, July 29, 2008

She Is Now Done With Him

Did you feel it today?  It was quite the excitement at work - we even ducked and covered under our desks - only after the insistence of one of our supervisors, though.  It brought back memories - of June 28, 1992 - the day of the Landers and Big Bear quakes - I was living in Big Bear at the time and it was the scariest thing I’ve lived through.  Today after it happened our manager told us all to go to lunch and evacuate the building - not sure if the evacuation was a building wide thing or just our department - but she didn’t have to tell us twice - we left and went to lunch!  Enjoyed a good lunch at Souplantation (even though they don’t give an AAA discount anymore) and a quick trip to Costco.


And then this evening I went to pick up my mom for another doctor appointment in the morning...  last week when I picked her up one evening, she was telling me about how she and Bob had gone walking and he held her hand.  A couple of days later when I picked her up again - we saw Bob out walking with her naber (her spelling), Helen.  Well, today when I was asking her about him - she said that she hasn’t really talked to him in a long time (not exactly sure how much a 'long time' is in her world) and that he and Helen were always playing Bingo and that he was always pulling out the chairs for all the ladies.  I jokingly said that she was jealous and she said - yeah - because he would hold her hand when they would go for walks.  She said that she is now done with him (I've heard that before).  I didn’t tell her that he was flirting with me when I got there tonight - told me how beautiful I was and that I should be a model - yeah.  God Bless Him!

No comments: