Greetings from my dining room table. I actually did a bit of cleaning today and have a mostly clear dining room table - that and my 25 foot network cable and I’m in luck - can sit here at the table - under the ceiling fan and enjoy the Olympics - today was just as good.
I’ve been watching the Olympics all day today - while doing laundry and dishes and cleaning the house - and have enjoyed watching all the different events. I’ve seen indoor volleyball, cycling, rowing, swimming, beach volleyball, and am currently watching gymnastics. WOW! I just had to take a break to see Sacha - the 2nd alternate that is now competing for the USA compete in the pommel horse - did you see it - he was amazing! I actually had to clap when he was done. And good for him - since he fell off of it during the Olympic Trials. I’ve enjoyed the Games so much today that I might have to cancel my participation in VBS this coming week so I can stay home and watch (just kidding, Diana and Lynne!).
Speaking of VBS - since I’m helping out with the music - I’ve been working on the songs and hand motions - the cat keeps looking at me like I’m crazy - takes one to know one! I think she felt that way last year also - check out my blog from last year. She is in seventh heaven right now - I found some packing paper today while cleaning and set it on the couch - she has taken up residence on the paper rather than her favorite comforter that is also on the couch.
So as I was watching the Olympics earlier, they were doing a story on Michael Phelps and talking to his mom. She was talking about how busy he is and she has learned to text message him to talk to him. Tom Brokaw asked if she knew what LOL meant and she said ‘Lots of Love’ and that she figured that wasn’t what it really meant - but between Michael and his mom - it meant Lots of Love - how cool is that!
Well - the next week should be interesting - look for stories from VBS and other things.
No comments:
Post a Comment