Sunday, August 31, 2008

I Don't Want To Be The Responsible Parent Anymore

And it's been such a great day.  Then I made the mistake of checking my mail (I knew there was a reason I didn't get yesterday's mail last night).  So I received 3 letters - all in the same envelope from Social Services.  The first was an apology about the first termination letter telling me my mom's benefits had stopped - it says they will continue unchanged.  The second is a letter of termination as of 9/30/08 because her income exceeds the limits ($1306/mo - can you image living on that?)!  And the third is a letter of approval with what looks like a $687 a month deductible!  Are they crazy?  We never paid anything like that before we had Medi-Cal!  Why would we continue with Medi-Cal when we can get a Medicare HMO plan for cheaper - granted - I will be subsidizing my mom again (there goes my trip to Israel) - but it's much cheaper than $687 a month?!  I just don't understand and I'm so frustrated right now I can barely stand it (nice way to finish off the Labor Day weekend) - I know, I know...  have Faith because God has a plan - I've been listening the last several weeks at church - but I'm just sick and tired of it all - I don't want to be the responsible parent anymore.

No comments: