So after VBS - because I hadn't had enough of little kids - I went up to see my mom - took her out to have her hair cut and then just sat and chatted a bit. Of course, it truly is just like having a little kid - I find myself using phrases like... 'Did you flush the toilet?' and 'Did you wash your hands?' - and unfortunately - I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to deal with her today either - but I tried to fake it a bit. She tried to wrap the seat belt around her neck again - God Bless Her. And then when we were talking - she told me that people come into her room and move her TV remote around and sometimes they take it - but they always bring it back. Great - just what I need - is her accusing the staff of taking her stuff! So she hides the remote in her drawer so they can't find it - of course - then she can't find it either. She also made a request for different toothpaste - apparently the toothpaste she has doesn't clean her teeth. So I made a comment about taking her to the dentist to have teeth cleaned - fearing that I might hear about the oozing tooth that she used to be so obsessed about - but didn't hear anything about it - apparently the remote has taken the place of the tooth!
And one last note - about the Olympics - I can't believe it - I've been doing all this watching - and last night was so tired that I went to bed early - didn't tape it - and missed probably the most exciting finish to an Olympic event ever - at least according to several commentators this morning - I'm talking, of course, about the swimming relay where Michael Phelps won his second gold. Will probably miss swimming tonight also - I'm sure it will some of the last coverage of the night - and 12:30am is just too late to be staying up - even though I am on vacation - I have my second job to go to tomorrow! :) Such is life.
No comments:
Post a Comment