Sunday, August 17, 2008

Like She Doesn't Nap All Day Long

Another quick post.  It's been a bit of a tough day - a good day - but a tough day.  Was nervous this morning - really wanted the older kids to do well during the VBS service - they did great!  What a blessing they were - God Bless them!  It was also about a year ago that our choir director Ron Woods went to live with the Lord - that has been on my heart.

And I was just tired today - it was a lot of fun with the kids - they all did a great job this morning - singing and doing hand motions.  The puppets did a great job - I'm thinking the puppets need to be a bit more active - will have to work on that - they do have a gig in December though! :)  Anyway - I got home and was so tired I went immediately into the bedroom for a nap - the cat followed and we slept all afternoon.  We finally got up about 4pm and after puttering around a bit - I walked back into the bedroom and the cat had gotten back on the bed and was sitting there looking at me like - ok - let's continue our napping!  Like she doesn't nap all day long - she is napping right now while I type this - ah - to live that life!

Instead of joining the cat for another nap - I decided to see if my toe could get into my dress shoes - which it did - so I thought I would try on my gym shoes - and was able to do that also - so I took my toe to the gym - for an easy workout - but I have really missed working out the last couple of weeks.  And they were playing old people music at the gym - old people being a relative term for 70's and 80's music.

And I have to make an Olympic admission...  every time I see Bob Costas interviewing people in the studio - it looks like it is raining outside the window they are sitting in front of - I kept thinking - wow, they get a lot of rain there.  Today - while he was interviewing Michael Phelps - I realized that it is a fountain - nice.

Well that was much more than I planned to write - but since you made it this far through the blog - enjoy a VBS picture of the 'Campfire Girls.'

1 comment:

Jan said...

I am back! I have been on vacation (details to be blogged later) and the job scenario gets even more dramatic! It is nice to catch up on what you were doing while I was gone, I will return the favor with a few blog entries and some photos later in the day and week. God bless us all!!!!