Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 6 - The Spiritual Side

So let me go back again and describe the day from a different perspective - because I believe in the power of prayer and I know that God works in AMAZING ways.

Thursday night - the day after I arrived - my dad had a dinner party for the neighbors - which gave me a chance to meet them all - a wonderful group of people that really care and look after each other - what a blessing to have met them all before I would need to call on them for help.

One of the neighbors is a retired nurse who was here immediately after I called her when I had to call the paramedics. I was also able to get a text message off to one of my prayer warriors who spent time in prayer for me. After it was decided to take him to the hospital - I texted this prayer warrior again who was with our usual prayer group and had the entire group pray. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF PRAYER!

While the paramedics were still there - I spent some time looking for records and things we would need for the hospital. As I'm frantically looking around - I look up and there is one of the other neighbors who had been called by yet another neighbor and he immediately came over - he was like an angel coming to watch over us - I just remember looking at him thinking - how did he get here - and even more of an answer to prayer - he took the dog for the night. He also offered to drive me down to the hospital and back - but I knew I would be able to get down there - not like I haven't taken a parent to the hospital before!

So the paramedics took my dad and I gathered a few things together since I knew that I would not be coming back that night - the roads would be too icy. Since it had been snowing and raining during the day, I wasn't sure what the roads going down the mountain would be like - but - again - the Lord was looking out for me - it was a bit wet and foggy at times - but nothing I couldn't deal with - and I was filled with a sense that it would be all right - I didn't freak out and I only cried once on the trip. I knew that people were praying for me.

The day I flew in from the airport, Sheila had taken me through downtown to get home - we drove right by the hospital - so I knew that if I could just find that street I would be able to find the hotel - I truly just went on faith that I would be able to find it all - and I did - apparently much better than the paramedics!

After he was released - there was still a hotel room with two beds left at Motel 6 - which may not sound all that amazing - but there were a lot of Fresno State fans in town to see their team get spanked by Boise State! Not only was there a room left - but the hotel woman gave us a discount and the room was right by the door to the parking lot - which truly was a Godsend - it was only by the power of God that I was able to get him from the car to the room.

And he slept really well - while I spent most of the night praying for healing and strength for him. Which worked - of course - he was feeling much better today and was able to get to the car ok and was in good spirits. And by the grace of God I was able to not take his frustration and sarcasm and nastiness personally the night before and was able to keep everything upbeat this morning.

Of course when I went out to get breakfast, it was snowing which concerned me a bit - if it was snowing in Boise - it would be even worse in Garden Valley - but again - my prayer warriors were on it and although it was snowing - it wasn't icy and we made it home without any problems at all.

After we got home my dad took a nice long nap which gave me a chance to take a bit of a snooze and he has been doing well the entire night - God is so dang good I can barely stand it - and recounting how blessed I am makes me sit here and cry. It's hard to be so far from home without my usual support people close - but knowing that there are prayers coming my way is so comforting - thank you and God Bless You all!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Hey there...I'm back! I wanted to read this post specifically because we spoke briefly about it, how great to watch your day unfold and in that realize the strength and love of our God...awesome!