Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 5 - Back to His Feisty Old Self

So where did I leave off yesterday - I think I was blogging from the Portland airport. And I thought the flight from Portland to Boise was on a jet - nope - puddle jumping turbo prop - which I don't have a problem with - it was just cramped. And I really felt sorry for the woman in back of me - she ended up next to some guy that talked the ENTIRE way - he took incessant chatter to a whole new level! It was crazy! Every once in a while she would get a one word answer in and on occasion two words... Apparently he is some kind of performer and was going to be the best thing going on in Boise tonight - when the plane landed he was holding everyone up because he had to put his jacket on so he could look 'cool and badass' since his people would be meeting him - I was curious what 'his people' would look like - they didn't meet him at baggage claim though so I'll never know - oh well!

So on the way back from the airport - Sheila and I went to the grocery store to stock up - we called my dad when we first arrived at the store to let him know where we were and how long it would take. Unfortunately, we didn't call him when we left the store and when we got up to the house all the lights were off. He was sitting here in the dark all worried about us because we didn't call and was convinced that Sheila wouldn't turn the lights on in the car.
We walk in and he immediately started chewing on my stepmom for not answering her cell phone - the cell phone that he had accidentally put on silent the day before! Just like old times. Here he is checking his email with the dog who wanted to be as close to him as possible!

All has calmed down although he must be feeling better - he is back to his feisty old self - he just tires out pretty easily! It is beautiful up here although has started to rain today - expecting snow tonight which will probably not make for a fun trip to Boise tomorrow to drop my stepmom off at the airport. Am looking forward to making Thanksgiving dinner and doing all the cooking - love to cook even though I don't do it too often! Have been helping Sheila cook today - my dad wanted to have a dinner party for the neighbors tonight so there are 6 others coming for dinner - good times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that Dad is getting back to his fiesty self! LOL!