Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 9 - Spoke Too Soon

I keep posting about what a good day it is and then everything goes wrong. As it did this morning at 3:30am when my dad woke me because he was in pain. It has nothing to do with his heart - that is all fine - although because of one of the heart medications he is on he thought he was bleeding to death. Suffice it to say it has to do with not eating enough green leafy vegetables or having an apple a day - and it is bad - we took a trip to the local doctor today and might take a trip to Boise tomorrow if he isn't feeling better. Truly - today has just sucked! But that's not what I'm writing about today - today is about some funnies - because that is what I need.

So I ended up in the local mercantile three times today for different medications - luckily there was someone different working each time - although it may have been funnier had the same person been working - based on the medication I was picking up, I'm sure they would have figured out what his problem was - how ironic though that I suspect that due to the stress of it all - I have the opposite problem! God - make it stop!

On my third time in to 'The Merc' as they call it in the Valley - I did discover several good radio stations - so at least I have that now to entertain me - which was nice when I had to make a fourth trip into town - this time back to the doctor's office for pain medication - it was a nice drive though - saw Bambi on the way. Earlier in the day when I was waiting for my dad outside the doctor's office I saw a whole heard of quail wandering around and as we were driving back we could see elk on the mountainside.

My favorite, though, was the sign that I saw outside the Barber shop that said 'Barber's got new glasses come on in for a cut.' Made me wonder how much business he lost before he got his new glasses!

And last but not least - it seems that the dog has become my new best friend - I've taken him with me on all the trips into town so my dad doesn't have to bother with him at the house - and he just gets so excited when he sees me put my jacket on - he's become my buddy! Enough for tonight - hopefully tomorrow won't suck as much!

No comments: