Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 8 - A Better Day

Today was a better day - even though I was up at 6am - ugh! My dad was all gloomy this morning - anticipating what the cardiologist would be telling him - but it all started off nicely when the doctors office called him to set up the appointment before they even opened! So a little after 8am we were off to Boise - in a snowstorm - good times! But we did make it just in time for his appointment. So while my dad was in the doctors office - I sat out in the parking lot with Kenai - he and I went out for a walk and then we napped in the car for a bit until my dad was done.

The appointment went well - he was told that the problem he had the other night that sent him to the hospital is common and nothing to worry about (whether that is true or not - I don't care - it made him feel better and that is all that matters!) - and the nurse gave him a hard time about complaining about fatigue - as she put it.... 'Your surgery was only 3 weeks ago!' So he is feeling much better about it all - which helps me out - he should sleep better tonight - as should I since I won't be worrying so much about him waking in the middle of the night all panicked.

Let's see - what else has been going on... it has been snowing all day - if I had to venture a guess - I'd say we have had almost a foot of snow - and there is a winter storm warning through tomorrow night - so I suspect we should get even more... I may have to go out and make snow angels tomorrow! Will definitely be taking the dog on a nice long walk in the snow!

And their neighbors up here are WONDERFUL! Last night
one of them brought us dinner... pork roast with cornbread stuffing, caramelized carrots from her garden and homemade rolls! We had enough for tonights dinner also - yummy! Another neighbor plowed out the driveway tonight and then this afternoon I was at the post office picking up the mail and I hear someone say - Elizabeth - how is your dad - and I'm thinking - they must be talking to me - but I'm in the middle of nowhere and have only met a handful of people - but there was another one of the neighbors checking up on us!

So when we were in the city this morning - we stopped one more time at the grocery store to pick up some last minute items - I'm hoping we don't have to go down there again until next Tuesday for his doctor appointments - and I was thinking this afternoon since we will be staying in for the rest of the week and it's just the two of us - does it make a difference which day we celebrate Thanksgiving?!

No comments: