So I made it to the gym - but the treadmill kicked my butt today! I've been running at a 12 minute mile pace and today I tried an 11 minute mile pace and it might not seem like a big difference - but it almost did me in today.
So the day of the three letters is when I started running on the treadmill. I just wanted to do something different from the elliptical. So that day I ran a mile and a half and felt great - other than the problem with my shorts. The next time I went to the gym I got two miles done - but only by walking in the middle of the two and felt miserable. And then the last time I went I did two miles together and felt great. And then today I did a mile and felt miserable again - so that means the next time I work out, it should be great! Does it get any easier?
It's kind of like prayer - there are times that I have great prayer sessions and times that I have frustrating prayer times - but no matter what - God is just happy to spend time me. Just like no matter how I feel after the treadmill - it's good just to be exercising.
Maybe my problem today was the fact that I was over closer to the mirrors and could see myself as I was running - ick! And I turn bright red when I'm running - I don't need to see that - won't be on that end of the treadmills again if I can help it!
I ended with lunges, abs and bench press - which means I'll be sore in a day or two. The best part of the workout, though, was watching all the teeny boppers checking themselves out in the mirrors - the kid over by the free weights was the best - flexing and lifting up his shirt. God Bless Him!
1 comment:
Enjoying the postings again! I highly recommend the bike shorts option to avoid having them get all caught up and tucked up into places they don't belong!! Knocking a whole minute off is a big venture...I could talk you through some interval training that I do sometimes that really helps me out and gives a good workout...it also pulses the pace a bit. I don't think that I'll be checking myself out in the mirror, though...we'll leave that to the young 'uns!
Post a Comment