Monday, September 22, 2008

Your Characters Are Flashing Gang Signs

So a couple of weeks ago I actually made it up to the Disneyland Resort – got a call late in the evening from my friend Chris to go watch the Electrical Parade – of course, I couldn’t say no.  When we got there – we had some time to kill and went on the new ride at DCA – Toy Story Mania – and it is fun – very cute – they did a great job with it.  Luckily Chris knew someone working the ride and we walked on – otherwise we would have been waiting about an hour and a half.  The parade was fun to watch – haven’t seen it in a long time.  After the parade we rushed over to Disneyland for fireworks – and they were good also – always!  As I was trying to take photos of the fireworks – Chris at one point commented that I should put them on postcards (reminded me of a comment about leaving the photography to the professionals when we were on the bus in England).  To see the postcard perfect pictures – click here.

And then this last Saturday I enjoyed the day at Magic Mountain – thanks to Holly and Jan and the Thousand Oaks Youth Group.  And that was fun!  I haven’t been there in many, many years!  And I have now had my fill of super thrilling roller coasters for a while.  Jan and Kris and I wore the England uniform – which was fun – made it easy for the kids to spot us as chaperones.  So the first ride we went on called Tatsu – had an unusual riding position – they strapped you in sitting down and then brought you up so that your back was against the track – almost like you are flying – fascinating!  I was a bit queasy on the first ascent – I’m not usually afraid of heights – but it was a weird feeling hanging there with nothing below you – once we made if over the first hill – I was fine – and it was a lot of fun!

The second ride of the day was Roaring Rapids – and against my better judgment – I went on the ride – at least it was early enough in case I got wet!  And got wet I did!  Jan and I took the hit for the rest of the group – Jan more than me – she got soaked top to bottom – I only had water dumped in my lap – soaking my shorts – and even worse – my panties!  Again – at least it was early in the day!  We went on several roller coasters after that and I felt sorry for the people that had to sit on the seat after me – I know that I left a couple of places wet – including a cement planter I sat on!  I did eventually dry – later in the afternoon!

It was a good trip – the kids for the most part were good.  There was a bit of drama at one point involving the taking of shoes and a hat – and all I could think was – ‘Ah to be young again – Not!’  It was fun to hang out with them – but I’m happy to be old.  One of the best parts of the trip – ice cream!  Mmmm… yummy!  We ended up leaving the park before dinner – so unlike lunch – dinner was better food and much cheaper!  I did notice as we were leaving that there were 5 police cars parked outside the entrance and I mentioned that you wouldn’t see that at Disneyland – not that they don’t have that much police presence – it’s just better hidden!  But I guess you need that kind of police presence when your characters are flashing gang signs!  Yes, I saw Tweety at one point flashing gang signs for a picture with a group of kids!  Nice! 

All in all, though it was a great day – and we did lots of walking, so I got my exercise in!  To see some pictures – click here.

3 comments:

Krisandr said...

Imagine that, professional photos of fireworks - I am so impressed. A fun day was had by all at Magic Mountain Great photos to go along with great fun!

Jan said...

Ah yes, I do remember the patronizing tones as we declared that others leave the photography 'to the professionals'...we are rather entertaining, aren't we? Nice recap and photos of both park visits. Sorry to hear that things are getting tougher with your Mom - God Bless YOU for being honest about it, dealing with it and being there for her, whether she is mentally aware of it or not!

Network Widow said...

Not so much a comment about the blog posts, but rather the fan base. Both of the other stalkers beat me to posting.

I guess your widget is aptly named.