Did anyone see the sunset tonight? It sure was pretty - I noticed it after leaving the Spectrum tonight, just before getting on the freeway. It was a nice ending to a wonderful dinner (thanks, B - and the fish tacos were ok - will have to try the shrimp next time). The colors were so pretty and there was just a sliver of the moon showing. When I got off the freeway and was driving up La Paz - there was the moon again - with a palm tree silhouetted against the evening sky - again - just beautiful.
And it’s such a nice evening out! Greetings from my balcony. One of my goals this last weekend was to get my balcony back into shape for enjoying - I used to sit out here a lot and then I had to move everything for them to do the floor - and then the paint and then there was rain and wind and it just became a mess! So I finally put my lights back up and cleaned the chairs - and it is all good to go (more or less). Unfortunately, the network cord doesn’t reach out here - actually - if I removed the screen from my bedroom and strung it outside onto the balcony it probably would - but don’t really want to try that! So I’m just typing in Pages and will cut and paste later. I’ve been known to do this on occasion at work on our cutting edge 256MB computers - hee, hee, hee - but shhhh... don’t tell anyone! B - I don’t think I told you about the computer raffle at work - remind me later!
So I called Social Services this morning - left a message - haven’t heard anything - there’s a surprise. Will call tomorrow and leave at least 2 messages and then may just sit in their office on Thursday until someone will talk to me. And I’m trying to stop whining about it all - there are people with much worse problems than this. I figure it’s like being a single parent - unfortunately, I can’t claim her as a dependent on my taxes - how terrible does that sound. Shame on me - or maybe God needs to Bless Me!
So other than the whole 3 in 1 letter I got on Sunday - it was a pretty good weekend. Didn’t do too much on Saturday - that’s actually when I cleaned my balcony - and then Saturday evening we had an England reunion party - that was fun! Saturday night I had a house guest - Jan it was fun to have you over - and the cat misses you - staring at me isn’t as much fun for her since I’m always around - although she’s staring at me right now from inside on her cat tree.
Sunday morning Kris and I went up to Disneyland to cheer Jan across the finish line of a 1/2 marathon - very cool and a lot of fun - here are some pictures... After the race we made it to church and then lunch afterwards. Then when I got home - I made the mistake of checking the mail - and we all know what happened then. What you all don’t know is that after spending a lot of the afternoon crying and being frustrated - it got me to go to the gym - and I had been inspired in the morning to get on the treadmill and do some running. So I walked and ran through my workout. Walked a mile and half at a 15 min/mile pace and then ran a mile and a half at a 12 min/mile pace - and if it hadn’t been for the fact that I was wearing the wrong shorts and there was a bit of chaffing going on - I probably would have run a bit more (I know - TMI)! It was all good though and I didn't fall off the treadmill - although found myself close to the back a couple of times! At least the music was better than last week - when Craig I were there last time it sounded like a gay disco! So I’m now thinking that a 5K run after the first of the year might be in order... Kris, you want to join me?
And I’ll tell you - God is good. After my workout and a little prayer time in the prayer room at church - I was feeling much better. I know that God will work it all out - sometimes it’s just hard to see that in the heat of the moment. God is good - all the time!
Then Monday was nice. I went to bed early on Sunday night and then slept in on Monday morning - lovely! Sat on the couch and watched Hairspray and then Kris and Marlene invited me to see Mamma Mia! It was fun to get out and go the the movies - even when this woman with awful perfume had to sit right next to me in a practically empty theater - people just fascinate me! After the movie - I got an invite to the Brown’s for swimming and a BBQ - which was much better than the boxed meal I would have pulled out of the freezer. And the movie and BBQ were just the ticket to take my mind off other things going on in my life!
So here I sit with more stories to tell - but they will have to wait for another day so I don’t bore you too much for now. But I’ll soon have to write about Disneyland from a week or so ago - and I have some mom stories! For now, though - must go to bed!
2 comments:
Quite the bit of info on this posting, nice work! The photos are great too, I downloaded them to my Picasa album, what a handy little feature! The last picture with Sadie made me laugh! Thanks again to you and Kris for coming out to cheer me on, that was awesome and made finishing that much better. I enjoyed my weekend with my SOTHUMC friends :) By the way, I would be hip to doing the 5K with you, just tell me when and where!!!
A 5K? That sounds like a challenge. I am always up for a challenge. Let's find one and plan for it. I'm in!
Post a Comment