Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'll Get Busted As A Peeping Tom

Goodness!  It’s been a week and a day since my last post - shame on me!  Think I’ll start with my story about the cat - she was so gracious this morning to run around like a mad woman and yowl at 6am - my usual time to get up - not realizing that I didn’t plan to get up until 6:30am.  Anyway...


So a couple of weeks ago - I got home and was unloading my car around 9:30pm and shut the front door as much as I could without clicking it shut - so when I was unloading I wouldn’t have to empty my hands and could just push the door open.  Well Little Miss Sadie decided that she wanted to be outside and was able to get the door open and then was on her way down the stairs when I walked up with a load - I dropped everything but she was already down and into the bushes across from the stairs.  An then she was gone.  I’ll save you from ALL of the details - just suffice it to say that I spent the next 1/2 hour calling her and trying to corral her back to where the stairs are so that she would go back up to the house.  At one point - I went back upstairs to see if she had somehow gotten past me and was already in the house - she wasn’t and I just collapsed on my bed - thinking she was gone for good and asked God for help.  Just then I heard her yowl from outside (God is good) - so I at least had an idea of where she had gone. 


When I got downstairs - she was over by a neighbor’s patio - a neighbor that has a big dog that lives on the patio - luckily the dog didn’t spot her and I was able to get her out of that area.  The dogs name is Sadie also - so she would peek over the patio wall every once in a while - probably wondering why I was calling her.  At one point I was searching through the bushes by another neighbors bedroom window and I thought - great - now someone is going to call the cops and I’ll get busted as a Peeping Tom - that would really cap off the evening nicely!  I was able to scare the cat through the bushes and back upstairs - where she immediately went into hiding - that and had to lick - she had been outside where it was dirty, of course!


She spent the next day staying away from the front door - but by that evening had decided she wanted to be outside again - now she sits in front of the door every night and yowls - I clicked this picture two nights after our adventure!  Crazy cat - I told her if she goes out again - she can stay out all night - she’d probably like that!  When I first adopted her - I had leash trained her - so we are working on that again so I can take her outside on a leash - and yes, I’ve heard that it’s crazy to do that - but I’m not letting the cat out front by herself.  God Bless Her.

1 comment:

Jan said...

It is good to hear of the adventures of my friend Elizabeth again! Godness Sadie, you must stay inside where you can watch people! I am glad that the story had a happy ending, I hope that you are well. I am returning home tomorrow, yippee!