Thought I would share a few observations I’ve made while driving…
May I just say – if you are going to drive like a jerk – do you really want to put Jesus stickers all over your car? I know that I’m an assertive bordering on aggressive driver – so I don’t like to advertise that I should have grace and mercy while driving. Now, having said that, I do try to be a better egg when I have passengers in the car. Just so you don’t think I’m a total lunatic while driving!
And I was always under the impression that when the light turns red – you were supposed to stop. I saw two different people this morning run the same left turn red at the same intersection at two different times. Maybe they were confusing it with the right turn which I think is an optional stop when the light is red.
And since when does putting your signal on give you automatic right into that lane – shouldn’t you check to make sure a car isn’t there?! Of course you also have the people that put their signal on, are clear to move and then don’t change lanes – until you get up near them, though, and then they decide to move – practically cutting you off. I don’t know which is worse!
Coming in to the parking lot at work, I found it amusing to see a woman in her car holding her cell phone to her ear – what a great example for this company! Even better is seeing the security people driving around in their golf carts holding their phones up. Classic! I’m thinking they need to start doing what I’ve seen quite a few people doing nowadays. They must have their phone on speaker – so they don’t hold the phone up to their ear – but they hold it up to their mouth instead to talk into it – is that illegal? Has anyone actually read the code to find out what it actually says? I’m thinking that isn’t the intent of the law – but I also thought that you were supposed to stop at a red light! What do I know?!
Two more just fascinating (at least to me) sightings…
I was driving along the other day and at a pedestrian crosswalk – the box didn’t have the red hand – it actually said ‘Don’t Walk’ – have you seen any of those lately?
But the best was this morning as I was driving in – I saw this guy with his hand outside of his car window and it looked like he was holding a cigarette – but his hand looked really weird. As I drove by – he was holding a cigarette – but he had a plastic glove just on the hand that was holding the cigarette – and all I could think was – you protect your hand from the cigarette but you will put it into your mouth and inhale? Crazy!
1 comment:
He may have cigarette breath, but at least he won't have yellow fingernails!!! That is one icky habit, I am telling you!
Post a Comment