Sitting out in my aunt's backyard - enjoying the beauty around me! What a beautiful day - this is the day the Lord has made!
So yesterday my dad and I made our way up to Northern California. It was a pretty uneventful drive. We were driving out of the driveway at 6:30am - right on schedule. I took some pictures along the way - check them out here - keeping in mind that several of them were taken from a moving car! We stopped in Harris Ranch for lunch - mmm the best French Dip sandwich I've ever had! Saw lots of crops - saw a lot of this particular tree - weren't sure what it was - our guess was some kind of nut. Saw cows and horses and even SHEEP! Unfortunately - I was driving when we saw the sheep so I didn't get a picture of them. Of course a couple of hours into the trip we realized that we may not have told my aunt and cousin what day we were going to arrive! I thought my dad had talked to my aunt and my dad thought I had talked to my cousin. As it turns out - they were ready for us when we got here around 3pm. We had a nice afternoon chatting and then two of my other cousins came by to visit since they are going out of town for the weekend and won't be able to come to the party tomorrow evening.
And last night I got to sleep in my favorite bed ever! The bed in my aunt's guest room is just wonderful - so I took full advantage and slept in - and now have been thoroughly enjoying sitting out here with the squirrels and the birds and just enjoying the day - this is what vacation is all about. Tonight my cousin, Michele and I are going to the Napa Valley Opera House to see fiddle player Natalie MacMaster from Canada - can't wait!
So it has now take me an hour to type up this entry - have been just enjoying everything around me - this really is what vacation is all about!
1 comment:
Great shots of the drive up...you are now officially pronounced an 'expert'!! Sounds (and looks) like a good time will be had by all, can't wait to see more. Have fun and stay relaxed :)
Post a Comment