Sunday, October 5, 2008

Please Consult Your Own Physician

Am trying to get back into being consistent with the blog - but am going to play the sick card for yesterday.  Stayed home sick from my Saturday activities - and it wasn't even the kind of sick where I sat and watched TV or read a book - it was the kind of sick that I slept all day long.  Am feeling better now - but am also a believer - in Zicam.  Have you ever tried it?  I am definitely a convert.  I was first introduced to it in England - caught a cold on the second to last day and the nurse practitioner on the trip gave it to me.  So I went out and got some and I'll tell you - it worked.  May not sound like it since I was in bed all day yesterday - but I'm convinced that it would have been worse than it was if I hadn't been taking the Zicam.  I use the cotton swabs you put in your nose - which is a stretch for me - I don't like putting stuff in my nose and I especially don't like spraying stuff in my nose - but this is a gel on a cotton swab - so that's ok - I know, TMI - but I'm very excited about the product.  I first started feeling lousy on Thursday night and have been taking it since them - and like I said - I truly feel that it has reduced my symptoms.  Enough of Elizabeth's non scientific medical advise.  Please consult your own physician before starting any medical treatment (thought I needed a disclaimer)! :)

So today I was tired and my head is still swimming a bit but I did make it to church - went to the modern service and it was so cute to see this older woman - probably in her 80's - swaying to the beat of the praise songs.  That seemed to start a trend for me - I also volunteered this afternoon to go to the Nursing Home to play music for the service we do there once a month.  And it is such a treat to be able to bring a little joy to them - and they are so appreciative that we come and worship with them.  I did realize though that if I'm going to play my guitar all weekend for Emmaus in a month - I better start practicing and building up my calluses!  

I think that's about it for now - tomorrow I go out to our Whittier office for two days - so we will see what interesting things happen there - or on the road!

1 comment:

Jan said...

I'm with you on the ziacam (I suddenly can't remember if I am spelling that correctly!) and I am glad to hear that you are starting to feel better!! Have fun in Whittier - admittedly not one of my favorite places in So Cal, so good luck with that :)