It has been simply beautiful up here - not sure what the weather has been like in So Cal - haven't been checking - but it's been wonderful where I've been. I little chilly this morning - but that's ok - I have a sweatshirt so I can enjoy the garden - just too nice not to sit out here. Also don't want to miss all the birds flitting around - the squirrels coming to visit! And yesterday - what a day!
Didn't do too much around my Aunt Jo's after I posted - we had lunch - sat around and talked - my dad even turned off the TV for a bit! Then we headed out to Brentwood to see my Aunt Anne - and she had invited everyone in the area to come - not everyone was able to make it - but got to see all my first cousins - everyone I grew up with at family reunions! And the day was warm and sunny and pretty and we all just had a great time. We played Bocce ball, horseshoes and just sat around and chatted and ate - and drank. Was feeling quite good for a bit - I figured - I'm on vacation and I'm not driving - after four glasses of wine, though, I did switch to my cousin Kathleen's 'wine spritzers' - a mix of wine and Sprite. It was so much fun - check out the fun here!
I have an uncle that is wheelchair bound - but zips around town in his electric chair. He lives in the same area as my Aunt Anne and as we were a couple of blocks from house yesterday - my dad saw someone in a wheelchair driving on the sidewalk and in jest said - 'Look, there's Uncle John' - as we passed him - we looked back and Michele said 'I think that is Uncle John' - lo and behold - we found out later that it was! Probably one of those stories that you had to live through to appreciate - but we all found it amusing!
And today, like I said, another beautiful day - unfortunately, the last day. Michele and I might go to the movies later this afternoon - but for now - I'm just enjoying the morning and the beauty around me. God Bless Us, Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment