Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Dentist Has A Drill In Your Mouth

So I took Miss Sadie to the vet the other day for her annual check up – and last year the vet talked about how she could stand to lose a bit of weight.  So we adjusted how much food to give her – and I was very militant about her food.  So (I use that word a lot) when she gets weighed at the vet – she has lost 2 pounds – and of course the vet doesn’t seem happy – I just can’t win – first she is too fat – now, apparently, I’ve starved her too much!  So I ask him – does she weigh too little – and he says that she is actually her ideal body weight.  So now I’m thinking – what’s the problem?!  He is concerned because she has lost 20% of her body weight – and I think – I lost 20% of my body weight and I’m doing ok.  He was just concerned that there might be something wrong with her – great – now I’m a bad cat mommy because my cat lost too much weight!  I just can’t win.  So I’ve increased her food amount in an effort to keep her at the current weight – we’ll see what happens in the next year!


Speaking of check ups – the last time I went to get my teeth cleaned the dentist told me that I needed to have some fillings replaced – of course it took me three months to finally make the appointment!  So yesterday was the day – nothing like spending 2 hours in the dentist’s chair – and Lynne – thanks for the IPOD idea – it was a life saver!  And I really like my dentist – he is very nice – has a very gentle spirit – always checking up with me to make sure that everything is ok – but having work done in my mouth is just miserable!  I had an upper and a lower back molar that needed to be done – and of course for hours after that your face is just numb – and my poor tongue took a beating.  When he had me bite down to check the alignment – I thought it felt weird – yeah – that was my tongue I was biting on – but of course couldn’t feel it – boy do I feel it today!  My favorite part though was after it was all done – he thanked me for sitting so still – and all I could think was – are there really people that move around during dental work – the dentist has a DRILL in your mouth – are you crazy?!


Went to workout after Bible Study tonight and it just kicked my butt!  Actually it is my arms and abs that will be crying out in pain over the next couple of days.  It was a tough workout – but I always feel better after I’ve been to the gym – now I just need to keep up on doing weights while Craig is on vacation.  B – I might need to start dragging you with me.


No comments: