So at Bell practice tonight, I was trying to be a better bell ringer than I was an alto on Sunday. I filled in as an alto last Sunday since there were only 2 altos that would be singing - unfortunately, I just didn’t do very well - so it’s back to second soprano this coming Sunday. This coming Sunday is Music Sunday and that is why I’m filling in with the Bells - they needed a couple of extra people.
Of course we got started and I picked up one of the bells and I was having a hard time getting it to ring - until my dear friend Terrie noticed that it was upside down! Who knew! Apparently, I didn’t! And then there is the whole counting thing! The first piece we are playing isn’t so bad (except this one spot I can't get for the life of me - I suspect I'm thinking it too hard) - but the second piece of music goes from 4/4 to 3/4 to 2/4 - which may not sound like all that - but ugh - trying to count when every measure has different timing - wow - am I getting an education!
So at one point during the practice - when I was feeling a bit frustrated - I just took a moment and looked up and there was the stained glass of Jesus and the lamb - and all of a sudden I thought - I need to remember why I’m doing this - all for the Glory of God!
No comments:
Post a Comment