Sunday, June 8, 2008

Family Day

Had family day today.  It was my nephew Christopher’s birthday and my niece Emilie danced at church.  So my brother picked up my mom in the morning and I met them at their church for their second service.  When I got there - I saw my mom sitting on the patio and I wandered over to talk to her.  She told me about how John was late in picking her up in the morning so she went down to breakfast, but since it took them so long to get breakfast out, she only had coffee before John got there.  A story I heard another 5 times before she decided to focus on something else.


When I got there - I found out that it was youth Sunday and my niece was not only dancing, but doing the children’s moment and the passing of the peace.  She did a great job during the children’s moment.  It was such a treat to see her up there with the little kids - she talked about Noah’s Ark and how all the animals were different - just like us and how special we all are because we are different - got the kids involved by asking them what their favorite animal was - she really just did a fantastic job!


She also did a liturgical dance with a group of other girls.  It was neat to see her dancing.  And I need to make a shout out to my North Sea buddies - Kris and Jan.  At one point during the dance - the song was talking about needing a helping hand and the choreography had Emilie doing a jump down to the ground so two of the other dancers could come over and give her a helping hand - and I thought of my North Sea buddies and how we helped each other through the "sand."


So after church I got to hear the story from my mom one more time about breakfast and then she moved on to another obsession.  What happened to her purse which I answered a good 6 times during the rest of the day.  At lunch she was piling all this stuff on her plate and at one point when she asked for more, I told her she needed to eat what was on her plate before she could have any more.  I really have become my mother!  And then after I prepared a hot dog for her - she got distracted and started reaching for another one - I, of course, stepped in again and told her to finish the first one - I’m sure she forgot that it was on her plate.  God Bless Her!

No comments: